Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Illustrations





Lately I have been reteaching myself Photoshop for about the third time running. I never really fully got to grips with it, so this time I'm determined to learn how to use it confidently. It helps that I got a new Wacom Intuos Tablet for Christmas off my generous boyfriend. Its surprisingly easy to use, even for someone who isn't technologically talented like myself.


Another thing I've been having a go at again is lino cuts. I hadn't done one since secondary school(which is rather a long time ago). I was in New York recently buying some art materials and thought it might be nice to try something different. Gouging away at lino is a great stress reliever, so I discovered and almost quite addictive. The image above is my first attempt. I decided to keep it relatively simple so I could fill in the more detailed parts with watercolour and pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment